Our Privacy Code
At AlarmForce, we are committed to protecting your privacy. We respect your privacy and want you to be assured that we will only collect, use and disclose your personal information for identified business purposes, and activities for which you engage our services.
We want you to know why we ask for your personal information, how we use your personal information in establishing and maintaining our service to you, how we keep your personal information confidential, and how you can inquire about the personal information we hold about you.
What Is Personal Information
The term “personal information” refers to information that specifically identifies you as an individual and is provided to or collected by us. It includes information that you provide or that we collect from other sources with your permission, for example: your name and address, telephone numbers, home conditions, gender and marital status, family composition, banking or credit card records, payment history and credit references.
We Collect, Use and Disclose Your Personal Information to:
- Understand your home security needs
- Determine the suitability of products and services for you
- Enhance and improve our products and services
- To keep you updated of any new products and services we offer
- Verify your identity
- – In setting up an alarm response action plan including your pass codes
- – In validating or canceling an alarm
- – In response to any queries you may have regarding your account
- Alert the appropriate authorities in case of a validated alarm
- Process payment for services provided as per your instructions
- Service your home security system as needed
- Customer surveys and other marketing follow-up
Your consent for us to collect, use and disclose your personal information for any of these “Identified Purposes” is implied when you provide us with your personal information or give us the permission to collect the information from third parties.
Family Members and Others
Withholding or Withdrawing Consent
In general you can choose not to provide us with some or all of your personal information as long as the lack of information does not result in our inability to fulfill your contract with us. You can also withdraw a consent previously given, but in some circumstances that may prevent certain product offerings from continuing to be provided to you.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect your personal information directly from you or from third parties with your authorization:
- Through your communications with our employees including our sales consultants, service technicians, customer care representatives and monitoring station operators
- Through your communications with our dealers and area service representatives
- Through your communications with our regional installers and service representatives
- Through your visits to our website alarmforce.com. In general, you can visit our web site to access information while choosing to remain anonymous and not revealing any personal information
- Or from your other interaction with us, for example through your payment history
How We Use And Disclose Your Personal Information
We use your information to provide the security products and service you request, such as verification of an alarm and processing payment of monthly service fees.
At AlarmForce, we are obliged to keep your personal information confidential except under the following special circumstances:
- When Authorized by You – We will use internally or disclose to others your specific personal information to a third party if and when authorized by you such as providing your payment history to a third party designated by you or providing an alarm certificate to your insurance company, or in providing video surveillance information to remote devices designated by you.
- When Required by Law – Only the information specifically requested is disclosed and we take precautions to satisfy ourselves that the authorities who are making the request have legitimate grounds to do so. For example, personal information provided to police service regions for registration when required by local municipality by-laws.
- When Permitted by Law – There are some situations where we are legally permitted to use or disclose personal information without your consent, such as employing reasonable and legal methods to collect a delinquent account, in emergency situations, or in the sale or transfer of our business.
We will not otherwise give, sell, rent, or loan any of your personal information to any third party with the exception of third parties performing functions on our behalf who have an obligation to keep your information confidential, as discussed below.
Personal information may also be transferred to or collected on our behalf by third parties who act as trusted service providers for or on our behalf, for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) for which the data were originally collected or may otherwise be lawfully utilized, such as services delivery, evaluating the usefulness of this website, marketing, data management or technical support. These third parties have contracted with us to only use personal information for the agreed upon purpose, not to sell your personal information to other third parties, and not to disclose it to other third parties except as may be required:
- to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request,
- as permitted by us, or
Some of our third party partners may be located outside of Canada. As a result, personal information provided to these partners for storing or processing will be located outside of Canada and may therefore be subject to the laws of the jurisdictions in which those partners are located.
How We Safeguard Your Personal Information
In the course of daily operations, AlarmForce and its associates, their employees and outside service suppliers may have access to your personal information for a legitimate business purpose or reason. For example, accessing your personal information to verify you are the account subscriber in an alarm verification process. Each and every one of them is governed by strict standards and policies to ensure your information is secure and treated with the utmost care and respect.
As a condition of employment, our employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement binding them to this responsibility which governs their actions during and after their employment with AlarmForce. Unauthorized access to and/or disclosure of client information by an employee of AlarmForce is strictly prohibited. Failure to do so will result in appropriate disciplinary measures, which may include dismissal. We restrict internal access to personal information to only those employees who need to access it in order to serve you.
On Our Web Site
Our Web server may collect the domain names, but not the email addresses of visitors to our Web site. We use the information to monitor and assist us in improving the contents on our site only.
When you fill out forms to provide us with your personal information such as your name, telephone number, address or email address to request more information from us, AlarmForce will take all commercially reasonable steps to establish a secure connection with your Web browser. We will treat and safeguard personal information collected on the Web site the same way as if the information is collected through other means.
Whenever our website contains links to other non-AlarmForce websites, although we always try to link only to Web sites that share our concern for customer information privacy, we are not responsible for their contents or their privacy practices.
We may collect information online through the use of "cookies" or similar technologies, to store website visitor preferences, understand navigation patterns through our website, and facilitate access to account information.
Accessing, Verifying and Amending Your Personal Information
As our customer, you have the right to access information held in your personal files with us. Whenever you want to review or verify your personal information, write to our Privacy Office at the address below or send us an email at email@example.com. Please be as specific as possible which personal information you are requesting. We will try to respond to your requests as soon as possible.
We are committed to maintaining the accuracy of your personal information. Please keep us up-to-date on any changes. Should you discover any errors in your review of your personal information, please advise us immediately.
675 Garyray Drive
Retention of Your Personal Information
We only keep your personal information for as long as we need it to effectively provide services to you. AlarmForce uses appropriate safeguards when disposing of or destroying your personal information in order to prevent unauthorized access.
Complaints or Questions
For more information please contact our Customer Care department at 1-800-267-2001