The holiday season is a great time to be out and about with friends and family. Unfortunately, burglars are opportunistic and they know the holidays mean empty houses with presents conveniently waiting under a tree. The Holidays should be filled with cheer rather than the fear of robbery and so we have listed several tips on how to avoid a home burglary this holiday season.
A burglary-free holiday means that:
- You don’t have to deal with insurance or police
- Your presents get opened by the intended recipient
- You can relax and enjoy the holidays
- You feel safe
Home burglary prevention starts with you and so here are 5 Tips to avoid a residential burglary this Holiday.
- Let’s start with the obvious, Get an Alarm System. An alarm system can deter a break-in and scare burglars out of a home quickly should they break-in. A video surveillance camera can further improve your security. AlarmForce can set you up with both. Give us a call at 1-800-267-2001.
- Make it look like you’re home even when you’re not by setting up Automatic Lights. AlarmForce offers a wifi plug that will allow you to schedule a light.
- Keep Presents Out-Of-Sight. A Christmas tree with presents under it may look nice by a window but it also allows a potential burglar to be able to see them. As you can imagine, presents under a tree would make a good haul for a burglar.
- Don’t Overshare On Social Media. Whether you’re at a party or are on vacation at a tropical destination, don’t share pictures and status updates with that information if your social profile is public or you don’t rust all your connections.
- Dispose of Boxes and Packaging Carefully. Getting a new TV or tablet is great but those are also devices that burglars would love to steal. In order to keep those gifts a secret, fold boxes inside-out and limit the time that the garbage sits on the curb.
These burglary prevention tips can help keep you safe this holiday season and all year round. If you would like to discuss all of your security options please give us a call at 1-800-267-2001. We would love to help you prevent your residence from a home burglary.
Have a safe and happy holiday!