Your home and all its contents within including valuables, family heirlooms, and your loved ones themselves all should be safe and secure when inside your family home. Many take precautions to protect against fire, flood, and other unforeseen environmental emergencies, but what about theft or predators? A home security system can give you the safety your need and the peace of mind you deserve. Here are some of the top reasons why a home security system could be right for you!
- Protect your investments! Whether it is jewelry or electronics, or even rainy day money you keep under your mattress—nothing is safe from home invasion. Though TVs and computers may be covered under your home insurance, there is no way to replace a locket handed down to you from your grandmother or silver from your wedding! Prevent theft, and keep your heirlooms!
- Reduce the chance of theft! Petty criminals (such as neighbourhood hooligans) and professionals alike will be more deterred from breaking and entering your home if they see the telltale signs of a security system. Windows marked with “this home is protected by…” and video cameras will often encourage thieves to move on to their next target as they do not wish to risk being caught!
- Keep an eye from afar! Whether your teenagers are home alone or the family is on vacation, remote access to video cameras through web monitoring is now available with the technical advances! Catch the crook or the teen sneaking in after curfew with simple mobile apps!
- Get discounts on home insurance! Brokers will ask you what type of security measures are in place to protect your home. Having an alarm system will help reduce costs of monthly insurance!
- Get quicker emergency response! In case of emergency, your system will notify fire and police immediately (if they don’t hear from you when they contact your number) without you making the call. This early response could help prevent losing your home to fire or your loved one to critical condition.
- Peace of mind. Rest assured that a burglar will be thwarted whether you're home or away on vacation.