In a previous post we discussed about the considerations for the consumer while deciding on a home security company. We had also talked about how to choose the right home security system. In this post we provide you with some more questions which should help in your search to safeguard your home.
These questions have been prepared by the Canadian Security Association (CANSA), a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the interests of its members and the safety and security of all Canadians. AlarmForce has been a member of CANSA for the past several years. Not only do they empower you to become an intelligent, informed consumer, they also equip you with a good understanding of what you are going to buy.
Alarm Security Questions
- Is your company a member of the Canadian Security Association?
- What professional certification does your installer have?
- May I see proof that your company has all applicable provincial and municipal licenses?
- Will you provide me with a written quotation?
- Will you provide me with a contract once the system is purchased?
- Is there a written warranty on the equipment and labour?
- Will the system be monitored, and if so, what is the cost and who will be doing it?
- May I see proof that your company carries errors and omissions insurance?
- How long have you been in the security alarm business?
- Do you adhere to a false dispatch reduction program?
- Do you offer any protection for pre-paid monitoring?
- Will I own my system or be leasing it?
- Can I obtain the master installers' code upon fulfilment of my contract?
- Can anyone service my system?
The response of the company will testify for itself. A reputable, reliable one will only be happy to answer all your questions and help you to make an informed purchase decision. As a consumer it is your right to ask them and as a responsible company it is their obligation to answer them satisfactorily. So don't be shy to exercise your right.